Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer's Bounty

I love fresh summer vegetables.  Everything is so fresh, ripe and incredibly tasty.  So when summer comes, I try to really take advantage of them while they've all hit their "peak".

I've been sooo lucky to live in the same house as my in-laws, where my husband & I can share in their bountiful garden. I have access to such freshness right in my backyard, so awesome! Here are photos of just some of the amazing things we've had the chance to share. Mmm...


Eggplants, cucumbers, peppers and of course, tomatoes.


 Ah, tomatoes.


Fresh garden tomatoes drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and a dash of salt, yum. I could eat that salad all day long. Nothing says summer like a simple tomato salad.


Better enjoy it before summer slips away!


No comments:

Post a Comment